Local Effective Altruism Network
The Local Effective Altruism Network (LEAN) supports over 350 local groups across the world, helping them have the most impact through empirical research and strategic advice.
- • Local groups appear to be a primary source of converting EAs - A majority (>53%) of members found local groups to be a ‘’large’ to ‘very large’ factor for their involvement in EA.
- • LEAN is among the most useful organizations to the operation of local groups - group organizers found CEA most useful (39), followed by LEAN (22) and the Effective Altruism Foundation (22).
- • Local groups estimated counterfactual fundraising - $51,495.36 moved to effective charities in 2017, and $806,832.93 in influenced personal donations.
- • Strong demand for support from local groups >90% rated practical support and ideas for group activities useful or very useful and almost 80% rated personal feedback and support via social media, email and video call as useful or very useful
- • Counterfactually discounted value of a medium group is estimated by .impact as $250,000 – $1,500,000.
- • Counterfactually discounted value of a large group is estimated by .impact as $1,000,000 – $3,000,000.
- • LEAN seeded ~158 groups.
If you're interested in getting support for running a local Effective Altruism group, please visit resources.eahub.org.