We’re revamping LEAN in response to community feedback. Matching community demand will require meaningful investment in local groups, and a strategic revision of important services provided by LEAN.
Informed by the 2017 LEAN Impact Assessment, the most in-depth data collection and analysis of local EA groups to date, our 2018 plans address crucial gaps in grassroots support for local groups.
LEAN WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING SERVICES FOR GROUPS:
- Creating purpose-built websites and fronting web hosting costs.
- Fronting paid Mailchimp, Meetup and volunteer recruitment website accounts.
- Giving tailored advice and training on outreach, recruitment, member management, events, and fundraising.
- Cultivating resources and expertise on best practices.
- Collaborating with the Centre for Effective Altruism to coordinate local group initiatives, produce the Effective Altruism and local group newsletters, and launch an EA mentorship program.
Rethink Charity Forward is a cause-neutral donation routing fund for high-impact charities around the world.