Last updated April 29, 2021.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit our Sites, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our Sites, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our Sites, and information about how you interact with our Sites. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on our Sites, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our Sites.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information that we collect generally to provide any services offered through our Sites to communicate with you. We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Sites (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with our Sites, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We may create aggregate and other anonymous data from our users’ Personal Information. We make Personal Information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to operate, understand and improve our platform, to develop new services, and for other lawful purposes.
We will never sell your personal information.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our users use our Sites — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Sites’ data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European Union resident, you have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European Union resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through our Sites), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
If you are a Brazilian resident, you have the right to:
- obtain confirmation of the existence of processing activities on your personal information;
- access your personal information;
- have incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal information rectified;
- obtain the anonymization, blocking or elimination of your unnecessary or excessive personal information including information that is not being processed in compliance with the LGPD;
- obtain information on the options to provide or deny your consent and the consequences thereof;
- obtain information about the third parties with whom we share your personal information;
- obtain, upon your express request, the portability of your personal information (except for anonymized information) to another service or product provider, provided that our commercial and industrial secrets are safeguarded;
- obtain the deletion of your personal information being processed if the processing was based upon your consent, unless one or more exceptions provided for in Article 16 of the LGPD apply;
- revoke your consent at any time;
- file a complaint related to your personal information with the Brazilan National Data Protection Authority (Autoridade Nacional de Proteção de Dados or “ANPD”);
- oppose a processing activity in cases where the processing is not carried out in compliance with the law;
- request clear and adequate information regarding the criteria and procedures used for an automated decision; and
- request the review of decisions made solely on the basis of the automated processing of your personal information, which affect your interests. These include decisions to define your personal, professional, consumer and credit profile, or aspects of your personality.
You will never be discriminated against, or otherwise suffer any sort of detriment, if you exercise your rights.
When you enter information to our Sites, we will maintain your Personal Information until you ask us to delete it for you.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at o[email protected]s.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Rethink Charity, 303 East Pender Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 0J3, Canada